Monday, September 5, 2016

First Draft!

Last night I had my first fantasy football league draft in a long time. How long had it been? I was taking Tony Gonzalez first overall ahead of Randy Moss. So, a while. How did I do last night? Well, I'm not going to pretend that you care. But, as I've always said...it's my blog. So, I get to post what I want!

Here's the team I ended up with. Ten team head-to-head league.

QB Matthew Stafford (DET)
RB Jonathan Stewart (CAR)
RB Jeremy Langford (CHI)
WR Dez Bryant (DAL)
WR Alshon Jeffery (CHI)
TE Rob Gronkowski (NE)
FLEX Brandin Cooks (NO)
D/ST Patriots
K Steven Hauschka (SEA)
B TJ Yeldon (JAX)
B Julius Thomas (JAX)
B Kevin White (CHI)
B Marcus Mariota (TEN)
B Vincent Jackson (TB)
B Chargers D/ST
B Roberto Aguayo

So, how did I do? I had the third pick, and selected Gronk. I would have taken him first overall if I had that pick. For football, I usually go for positional scarcity. Most any decent wide receiver is going to get about 100 yards and a TD. But, the different between Gronk and the next TE is more significant. That's the theory anyway. 

The scheduled bye week caught me off guard. Unlike baseball, I knew when my bye weeks were coming. Took me a bit to realize that my whole team probably shouldn't all have the week five bye. So, I had to rethink my bench strategy mid-draft. 

I also realized that I don't know a lot of football outside of New England. Either that, or just about everyone is really about the same.

But, I did the draft, and now I can't wait to get the season started!

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Read in Other Sections