Thursday, September 7, 2017

We're On To 2017

It wasn't quite long enough, was it? I know I could have used some more time to bask in the glow of the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. I could have watched those highlights a few more times. Heck, Do Your Job 2 just came out. I've only seen it once!

But, it had to happen. Tonight the patriots start the defense of their latest title. And, once again, they seem to be on the way to another one.

Spoiled brats.

Because, just how good is this team going to be? Pretty damn good. Maybe not quite as good as they were a couple weeks ago, but plenty good. I can't imagine picking against them any week they play. They took the team that won the Super Bowl, added Gronk, swapped Edelman for Cooks, and added a star cornerback. Yup. That sounds pretty good to me.

I remember prior to the 2007 season, the EEIdiots were doing their win predictions. Of course, it was hard to find a game they were going to lose. They finally decided that the team would lose a game or two because a team always loses a game or two. They didn't know which one, but there would be one, and it would be a shock when it happens. Which is, of course, exactly how it played out. 

That's where I am this year. They'll probably lose a couple games. Maybe their last game after wrapping up home field. Maybe Atlanta will catch them napping in their revenge game. Maybe there will be a few drops in some rainy game. Whatever it it, we'll be surprised when it happens. But, it won't happen a lot.

In fact, I say twice. Which puts them at 14-2 with smooth sailing through the AFC playoffs.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Read in Other Sections